Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cherai Beach

Cherai Beach Resort is located outside Kochi on a small island! I reached it yesterday after a one hour cab ride and a three hour train ride! I was so happy to come to a nice place! Actually it is beautiful here and for the first time I have a clean toilet! The shower is still cold but in this heat it does not matter anymore. To reach my tiny hut, i have to cross a lovely bamboo bridge! My hut is standing in the water and at night I can hear the fishes jump and it almost seams that they want to come to bed with me.
I started my day with a yoga practice just outside my front door surrounded by water! I went to breakfast and after that I treated myself to an Ayurvedic massage which ended with a steam bath, shower and then a face massage! This was truly heavenly and most amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it! The rest of the day I laid on the beach, did my meditation and then created a Mandala! What a day and how I needed that after all the traveling and being sick for a while. It is good for me to build up my strength again before I make my journey home!
After laying on the beach for one day I had to venture out again. I decided to go to Ernakulam the big city from where I arrived with the train. I did some shopping then took a ferry to Fort Kochi, the next island. I had a wonderful time to watch the fisherman bringing in the big beautiful nets full of fish. Walking along the shore, who was lined with beautiful little restaurants, got me contemplating about my journey! I examined my path in every possible angle. I will write new blog about thoughts and contemplation on the way home, for now I want to finish writing about Cherai Beach first! Today I visited an Elephant rescue camp and helped to wash the elephants in the river! They all layed down so that I could comfortably reach and scrub them with my brush. One of them played with me with his trunk. That was truly wonderful and it was a fantastic experience! The elephants where so grateful to get cooled off! Then they had to go back to their camp and got tied up, which made me very sad. I could not understand why they could not walk around freely, because I saw that their was a big fenced aerea! Today is the day that I also will pack my bags and say goodby to India. My journey home starts when you have Saturday evening and I will arrive in Richmond Monday night!
Thank you for listening, all your prayers and comments!
Namaste

8 comments:

  1. Safe return Sonja. Can't wait to see you and hear more about your adventures!
    Love you!
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is your scheduled return...it also would be my mother's 100th birthday! When I visited her place of birth on Sumatra, I called that trip an adventure...but yours was just incredible!! Your Mom would have been so, so proud of you, naturally she would have prayed for your safe return, every day and surely she was with you in spirit...and so was I!

    Ich hab' Dich soooo gern!
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonya:
    I have just read all of your journey. It is tax season and I have been so busy but I finally took the time to read your blog. It sounds like you had an enlightening journey. I am happy for you to be able to experience India. Indian people are so warm in America and I am sure they are in India as well. I have an "adopted" Indian son (a neighbor) whom I love so much, as well as their family. He has shared his journeys with his family back to their native country.
    I really miss your Monday morning yoga sessions at ACAC and look forward to seeing you soon.
    Have a safe trip home.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you had a great expereince. I am looking at attending a one month yoga intensive in India by myself and would love to chat.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melissa. I am so sorry that I did not write back to you. Meanwhile you already had your own experience and I know it must have been as intense,enlightened and loving as mine!
      Let me know...yes I would love to chat.

      Sonja

      Delete
  5. Hi Dorothy,
    I enjoyed your site a lot.
    I have some new Spiritual Infographics at http://howtomeditate-n-heal.org/free-infographics-embed-codes/ that fit your niche. They’re free to embed if you think your visitors would enjoy them.
    Namaste,
    Richard Crown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namaste Richard.
      I am so sorry that I did not respond to your request or your kind words.
      I had a very tough year last year and was not on my blog at all! I will look at those websites and put them on my blog. I am planing to continue my blog in the near future.
      Namaste
      Sonja

      Delete
  6. Very nice post. Thanks for sharing. One of the most beautiful stretches of lovely golden beaches of soft sand facing the Arabian sea , an azure sky and warm clear sea, gives a perfect ambience tempting you to take a dip, go on indulge yourself and let the waves sweep you off your body and spend your time lazing on the beach and relax in the breeze shade undisturbed for some time, quench your thirst from tender coconuts and encounter with many a friendly crabs. Check out more about Cherai Beach, the princess of the Arabian Sea.

    ReplyDelete