Saturday, April 2, 2011

Goa ~ Arambole

After a long traveling day I arrived in Panaji, the capitol city of Goa. Goa is a small state of India and isstrongly influenced by the Portuguese who invaded Goa in 1510. They took control of the many harbors to bring spices and other goods to other places in the world.! They also brought Christianity to Goa and one can see catholic churches in all the villages. Goa's coast is lined with palm trees, rocky mountains and a lot of greens. This was a true welcome to my eyes after all the cities I visited.
From the airport I took a bus to Panaji and then got a cab to Arambole a very small village north  of Goa. The cabdriver unloaded me in the village and from there I had to walk about 15 minutes along the shore to my room. I got a little hut directly on the beach. At night I could open the bacony door and listen to the sound of the ocean. True music to my ears, really lovely! I had to share the room with a family of rats, lizards, roaches and ants and it got very cosy at times! The cows, dogs, pigs, coats, and roosters had to stay outside!
To be continued!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonja...I met you in our flight to Goa...We shared our lives and experiences..It was indeed a deight to meet you..I know I am late in checking out your blog but I am glad I finally did cause its amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete