Sunday, April 3, 2011

More from Arambol

The next day I walked to the village and found a yoga teacher then I  practiced with him every day.Along the shore are a lot of little Restaurants where I got fabulous Indian food and lots of different kind of  fruit drinks.I decided to rent a motorbike to explore a bit the near area in  north Goa. Daria a Woman from Russia joined me. We went south along the coast over little mountains. We ended up in  Chapora.a small village by the Chapora river.We climed up a mountain to an old Fort and could enjoy the most beautiful view to the ocean and on the other side we saw the inland and where the river met the ocean! The land in Goa is very green with coconut plantations and other fresh produce!
The next day I climbed another small mountain near Arambol to an old Bajan tree. It is there where Baba, an enlightened being lives! People go visit him and bring small tokens of  fruits or tobacco. Everybody sits around a circle smokes and talks to him. When he saw me he started shouted out loud and opened his arms and said "Mama oh Mama you com here finally, finally i see you, oh Mama sit with me!" so i went to sit next to him and he kissed my cheeks. Then he was holding my hand and said you I will  be healed. He said my legs will be better soon.Well, I really look forward to that! After going back I went to lay on the beach and rest. But there is no rest at Arambols beaches , because there are a lot of woman in beautiful Saris walking around to sell their goods. Every two minutes one of them stands in front of you and says:"Madam want to see my things, give good price , make me happy , you bye!"  And if I say no they never will never go away and start unpacking all they have, put it on your leg. I made the mistake to bye something after one day being harassed and  that makes it all worse., because then everyone is coming to say: " Why you by not from me, me have better price better things!" and you have to know they are all friends, it is just a endless game! one day I made the mistake of giving a begging child some money! It took him only five minutes to bring back the whole village! At the same time a boy on a bike came by to sell ice cream and so i decided to by them each one. Now the crowd got even bigger and even the woman in the saris came by and said they are children too. It was a real spectacle at the beach. In India everybody makes their own prices, so I had to barter with the ice cream boy and still ended up with a big bill! As they all still where eating their ice a boy pushed a big wagon along the beach with a grill on it and he made corn on the cob! Now the children came to ask me if I would bye them dinner too! It is never enough no matter what I do.  Smiling I left the beach!
Arambol has a lot of tourists, especially from end of November to beginning of April! So the season comes to an end now! I still met a lot of people from all over the world. Daria from Russia and I became friends and I talked to people from Germany, Israel, Nepal, Denmark, Sweden, Japan, Switzerland, France, Spain, Belgium, Australia and Austria!  Amazing isn't it?
I considered the five days I spent in Arambol as resting days and did not so much sightseeing. My train  15 hour train ride leaves tonight to go to Kochin  south India!
Please forgive me if I make mistakes, the time is always short to be on the CP and I do not have time to read and correct the blog!

3 comments:

  1. Sonja, sending more good thoughts your way as I read of the amazing adventures you are having. I admire your courage and adventurous spirit. Thank you so much for sharing your journey--can't wait to read the next installment. Stay well. Love, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear from everybody, it makes me feel connected to you all, because I do miss all of you!! Love Sonja

    ReplyDelete