Sunday, March 6, 2011

Countdown to my journey to India

 " The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware"
~Henry Miller~



The Map drawn by Stephanie

I learned very early on in my life, that if I want something I have to work for it and keep my focus and faith. Going to India was a dream or rather a wish for thirty years. A good friend of mine traveled to India. This sparked a flame, as she came home and told me all her stories and adventures. Thirty years is a long time to dream and keep your focus though I got sidetracked many times. I had to learn many life lessons and most of all to believe in myself and the divine. Life is a big exercise and the messages which are presented are divine gifts. It is those challenges and the opportunities they present that help us to grow! After being married and having two beautiful children who have both gone on to fulfill their destiny, the opportunity came for me to go on my adventure and fulfill my dream.

The Countdown from Mimi
As I prepared for this journey many emotions were flooding through me, like joy and excitement, uncertainty, happiness, sadness, love and fear! I let it all in and then allowed myself to become still and have faith. I read intensely, learned from the internet, studied and continued to gain knowledge about the amazing country of India. The countdown to step on this journey has almost ended and there is only 1 day left before I leave. The backpack is packed, today I have taught my last class and said goodbye to my family and friends.

A big thank you to my husband, children, friends, yogis and yoginies, teachers, for all of your support, cards, gifts, posters, balloons, hugs, kisses and endless tips and advises! You are all wonderful. I will miss you all and send you always love and light!



Jennifer made an Indian flag!
Paula hang up balloons!

Sticky notes by Marck and sweet Caroline!
 
Barbara made a good luck charm poster!

Debbie and Tim stuck Flamingos in the yard!



The Mandala journey from Beverly!


No comments:

Post a Comment