Monday, March 14, 2011

Delhi the next days.

I did write a new blog about Delhi and some how it did not get posted. As I have to learn patients with everything here I guess you will have too! I went to see national monuments like the Indian Gate, the Red Fort, Humyans Tomb and the Lodi Garden.It is very interesting to see their history, but not all monuments are well preserved. I guess that is the Indian mentality! I am surprised or maybe amazed how dirty everything is here. kaput also drove me to old Delhi. There I took a rikshaw ride along with the crazy traffic. The man who drove this bike had to work very hard and it is not easy for them to paddle along with all those cars. Old Delhi exist with hundreds of stores and again all man are vendors. I learned meanwhile why there are so many men are in the stores! It is a hierarchy, one of them is just sitting there and overseeing the business, because it is his, then the next down is taking the money, the next is writing the bill and another is packing your goods. Yet another is making sure that one byes something. They crabbed me to go into a store to bye a blouse and I sai I don't want some thing, " just looking madam just you looking" ok a gave in. I did not like anything so I wanted to but he run after me with that blouse, went down with the prize, and shouted at me just 200 rp. Behind him was the man who had the bag to pack the blouse. all this happened two or three stores away from there store. Finally I gave them the money and got away as fast as I could, just so that I could be bothered by the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonja,
    So glad to read your blog & know you're there and well, other than dealing with all those disgusting men! I hate that you gave in to those creeps, but it sounds like a matter of survival to pay them & run. I was in Norfolk/VA Beach most of last week then drove from there down to see Mother for the weekend. It's really great reconnecting with so many old friends. Take care! xoxoxodiane

    ReplyDelete